Acknowledging and rewarding the efforts of your staff can go a long way in ensuring employees are engaged and fulfilled within their role.
Recognition acts as a tool to reinforce desired behaviours and helps to create an environment where staff feel appreciated for their accomplishments. Rewarding staff does not necessarily need to be costly or a financial reward; often non-financial rewards can have a stronger impact.
Developing a reward system for both performance and behaviour is a great way to acknowledge employees and encourage them to work towards the business’ goals. Here are a few ways to recognise the contributions of your staff:
- Acknowledge the efforts of a staff member at a staff meeting.
- Post recognition notices on a section of your website.
- Send a personal email or card expressing your appreciation.
- Provide a small token of appreciation, such as a gift card to a coffee shop or a movie pass.
- Stop by the staff member’s desk to convey your appreciation.